A 53-year-old man from Adelaide died over the weekend after contracting a case of invasive, SA Health has revealed.
SA Health said the strain wasB and they had identified multiple people who had been in contact with the man, who died on Saturday.
It said four people had been directed "to receive clearance antibiotics".
SA Health said there had been 18 cases of invasivein SA so far this year, compared with 13 at the same time last year.
This included an 18-month-old boy from Mannum in the state's Murray Mallee, who died in hospital after contracting the B-strain in April.
It said 11 cases had involvedstrain, while five had been W and two Y.
"Winter and spring are commonly a higher risk time for, but as the disease is only spread by close or lengthy contact, there is no increased public health risk," SA Health said in a statement.
It said its thoughts were with the family of the man.
This year some 61,496 South Australian students from 238 schools are being provided with the , as part of an immunity study. strain vaccine, Bexsero
SOURCE: ABC online